Friday, March 29, 2013

Star Trek

I have discovered the joys of watching Star Trek in the past couple of years.  It all began because Joe wanted me to watch the new Star Trek movie released a few years ago.  He said to understand the references and how good it was, I had to see the original series.  We watched several episodes  and all of the movies released during the run of the first series.  And I was hooked.

I think some where along the line my mom tried to get me into the shows when they were on tv.  I thought they were just wierd and boring.  The appeal was lost on me.  But now I have Joe to point out details to me and to laugh at the ridiculousness of the show.  When we started watching, he would laugh hysterically about things I never even thought of as humorous.  I began to see it his way, and began to laugh too.  Joe has taught me to laugh about a lot of things that I did not see as funny before I met him.  My sense of humor has changed because of him.  Not really changed, but grown.

Now I've begun the next series - Star Trek: Next Generation.  I've watched the first two episodes.  Joe hates Wesley and so does the Captain.  I cannot have any real animosity towards a guy that wears such awesome sweaters.  But I'm sure that will change when his wardrobe does. 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment